Introduction to Catch Share Design Manual
This Design Manual is the first-ever comprehensive overview and roadmap of catch share design, drawing on hundreds of fisheries in over 30 countries, and expertise from over 60 fishery experts from around the world.
However, the Design Manual is not prescriptive: It is a series of questions whose answers help guide and inform the catch share design process. Detailed discussions of design elements are coupled with case studies to outline and highlight options. Certainly, various design options should be developed for their potential to meet the particular biological, economic and social goals of the fishery under consideration.
- What Is a Catch Share?
- What Are the Key Attributes of a Catch Share?
- What Are the Results of Catch Shares?
- What Are the Key Principles of Catch Share Design?
- How Can You Use the Design Manual to Design an Effective Catch Share?
- Before You Begin | Seven Steps to Designing Catch Shares
Posted: 18-Oct-2010; Updated: 16-Sep-2010